Digital marketing or online marketing is an essential component of every business, and the need for experts in digital marketing has been higher as more companies turn to the Internet to generate sales. If you’ve been considering about changing gears and getting into digital marketing, now is the best time to do it. Before we dive in, let explain what is digital marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is marketing through digital channels like social media, email, website, and mobile apps on the Internet. In fact, anything that serves the purpose of promoting your business and requires an Internet connection can be included in digital marketing tools.
If you are considering including digital marketing efforts with your marketing strategies, it can be challenging to think about where to begin. Below is an exhaustive list of how to break into the digital marketing world.
Digital Marketing Assets
Almost every marketing tool can be a digital marketing asset. Most people don’t know the numbers of assets they have at their disposal. Here are a few examples of digital marketing assets.
- Your website
- Social media pages
- Video content (product demos, video ads, etc.)
- Branded assets (acronyms, icons, logos, etc.)
- Images (company photos, product shots, infographics, etc.)
- Written content (product descriptions, blog posts, etc.)
- Online products or tools (SaaS, interactive content, calculators, etc.)
Most digital marketing assets are grouped into one of the categories above. Still, the list continues to grow because marketers are continually coming up with new ways to reach customers online.
Digital Marketing Strategies
While the list of digital marketing strategies keeps growing, here are a few strategies that most businesses are using:
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising: It is a term that covers any digital marketing where you pay for every user who clicks on your ad.
- Paid Search Advertising: It’s one of the best ways to target potential shoppers who are searching for a product like yours.
- Search Engine Optimization: You can use search engine optimization (SEO) to try and rank pages on your site organically if you don’t want to pay to show up in the SERPs.
- Paid Social Media Advertising: Most social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat will let you run ads on their site.
- Social Media Marketing: It’s an organic way to use social media platforms such as Twitter or Facebook for marketing your business.
- Content Marketing: It includes digital marketing effort that uses content assets such as blog posts, infographics, etc. to drive clicks, or sales and build brand awareness.
- Email Marketing: It involves using email marketing to advertise exclusive deals, highlight content, or promote an event.
Creating a digital marketing strategy is something that requires ongoing engagement. And the best way to do that is with the guidance of trained professionals. That’s where Cyrusson INC comes into play. At Cyrusson INC, we have been helping clients in the San Francisco Bay Area create digital marketing strategies for years. Contact us today if you wish to grow your business through digital marketing.